I am delighted to see you back with this little summer break!
Time to recharge your batteries and work on other projects, I can’t wait to reveal all of this to you. The cover is with Lucie, from the box Les Nanas Zero Déchet.
In a few words who are you and what do you do for a living?
Hello, I am Lucie (another Lucie), I am 28 years old. Since June 2019, I have been the happy founder of Les Nanas Zéro Déchet zero waste boxes. I manage the orders, social networks, product selection on a daily basis (with the help of the best testers Les Nanas Zéro Déchet!) In short, I do a marvelous job that makes me happy every day to democratize fashion zero waste life by offering ready-made kits of products tested and approved by our community of testers who help me Les Nanas Zéro Déchet.
I love trying to understand people’s brakes to go towards zero waste and working with them to find solutions that will suit them to get started step by step. I love trying to understand people’s brakes to go towards zero waste and working with them to find solutions that will suit them to get started step by step.
Since January 2020, I have also offered my services in companies to support them in this process.
What was your trigger to turn to a zero waste approach?
I have always been sensitive to the environment, I have long lived in the countryside surrounded by animals. There was no click to take care of the planet, but a revelation when I discovered the 1st bulk grocery stores (it seemed so obvious to me!). I was won over.
What daily actions make you reduce your impact on the environment the most?
- For my trips: I hardly take the plane anymore, I took it only once in 2019 and I will try to beat my record in 2020 (it’s on track): D.
I travel by bicycle every day.
- Food side: I very very very rarely eat meat, fish and I eat organic, local, seasonal and in bulk as much as possible.
- Clothing side: I only buy ethical or second-hand clothes or even better ethical & second-hand: D. I prefer the second hand for the rest.
- Digital impact: I also try to pay attention to the impact of my habits, digital choices … Favor local storage in the cloud, avoid sending attachments to my e-mails, sort my e-mails, unsubscribe from unnecessary newsletters …
I try to do the best I can and make choices that are consistent with my philosophy of life.
New work to be planned to reduce my impact: Find an ethical & solidarity bank. When we see the impact of our finances on the environment, the carbon footprint of our money … It is less palpable so we do not realize it but yet it is quite significant.
Let’s talk about handkerchief, because here, it’s kind of our specialty! ☺ Do you use handkerchiefs?
Yes I love it especially if they are cute and sweet 🙂 I take it a lot more socially if he’s cute so I got on some cool handkerchiefs.
What would motivate you to choose handkerchiefs?
A soft touch, a chewable pattern 🙂
What do you think of ernest & lulu organic handkerchiefs?
They are cute. I particularly like their patterns and the brand’s commitment (organic cotton, made in France, etc.). Yes, ready to continue my approach.
Any advice or a simple trick to help our readers reduce their waste too?
Go step by step without taking the lead 🙂 Doing the best we can while having fun, that’s the philosophy of the Zero Waste Nanas in any case and it seems to have worked well with our testers.
Do you have a recommendation: book, documentary, podcast, exhibition…?
- I loved Jérémie Pichon’s book “Famille presque zéro déchet” easy to read, fun to get started in zero waste.
- A motivating film, which gives the desire to act, which gives hope: the film DEMAIN by Cyril Dion & Mélanie Laurent. He boosted me by showing all the positive alternatives that already existed in favor of our planet (and which had to be continued ++).
- Conf’up / One woman show on ecology (and yes it also exists!) A way perhaps to make some people aware of it:
Valérie Pastre with her spectator Namaste Beaucoup
Rosalia Da Silva Bogo with her conf’up ma vie dans un bocal
Do you have an Instagram account or blog we can follow you on?
Lucie, Nantes, 28 years old